- Which Independent Software Vendor is working on the India Digital Heritage product that involves creating virtual recreations of famous Indian heritages that will allow people to take virtual tours? - Microsoft
- Which software company arranged for a Internet Bus to tour about 19 towns in cities in the state of Tamil Nadu to educate people on the power of the World Wide Web? - Google
- Which Indian recently beat Barack Obama to top the Google's most searched list of phrases, albeit for a dubious reason? - Ramalinga Raju
- Which Indian company made a large acquisition of Axon, the UK based SAP services company which was billed as the largest overseas acquisition by an Indian outsourcing firm pegged at $811 million. - HCL Technologies
- Creating This kind of content has been illegal in India. Now a new version of IT laws has even made browsing of this kind of content punishable. What type of content is being referred to? - Child Pornography
- What new application from Google allows people to let all their friends and family know about their current whereabouts? - Lattitude
- What Indian technology experiment completed 100 days of successful execution on 29th January 2009? - Chandrayaan - India's Moon Mission
- The 3 giants of Internet, Google, Yahoo and Microsoft came together recently to collaborate on an unique project. What was it? - Provide web designers a single standard to indicate a duplicate URL and point out to the search enginer the "princinpal" or "cannonical" URL. This is expected to clean up the search index by upto 25%
- Expand WITCH, a media defined acronym to collectively refer to Indian IT companies. -
WITCH - Wipro, Infosys, TCS, Cognizant, HCL
- Which book from Pankaj Ghemawat, a global guru on strategy, challenges Thomas Friedman's statements in "The World is Flat" book by stating that "protectionist walls will go up in developed economies affected by the global downturn and warns Indian information technology (IT) firms against taking false comfort in arguments that they would reap a demographic dividend or adopting a “we have seen crises before” attitude."? - Redefining Global Strategy: Crossing Borders in a World Where Differences Still Matter
- Who has been appointed the chairman of the beleaguered Satyam board by the Government of India? - Kiran Karnik
- Which Indian IT company was ranked the 8th best in the world for its training program by Training Magazine that picks up the top 125 among 1000 companies annually? - Satyam
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Answers - India Information Technology Quiz - Edition 3
Answers to the 3rd Edition of India Information Technology
Popular Posts - Do not miss these...
I have been a fan of Chandamama stories and I had written an earlier post on Chandamama going online . Chandamama now is available on...
The response to the India IT quiz was very encouraging as revealed below No of People who viewed the Quiz : 232 No of People who sent in...
For a change lets have an Information Technology Quiz centred on India. I have selected 20 of the best questions from my repository. Let'...
I still remember the good old days when Dad used to buy me Chandamama magazine for children back in the 80s. I used to pore through the maga...
I was just thinking that Americans had literally outsourced everything they could to India, when somebody brought to my notice what could be...
The new Rupee symbol has already found its way to the keyboards. TVS, known for its computer accessories has released a keyboard that spor...
Google Chrome is my personal favorite displacing Firefox since August of last year. While the slick minimalistic interface was a turn on, ...
Answers to the 3rd Edition of India Information Technology Which Independent Software Vendor is working on the India Digital Heritage produ...
When Junglee.com was launched last Thursday, it was a quiet but decisive moment for India’s unfurling e-commerce. While the prime reason was...
I had been to Bangalore to attend a function of my cousin's. That gave me an opportunity to visit SP Road, the Diagon Alley equivalent (...