What should I read next?

Everytime I am done reading a book, I start looking for some book in the same genre that can take me to the next level. I pester friends who have read the book to suggest some new thing that I can feast upon. I scour libraries, friend's personal book collections to see if something interests my current frame of mind.

Now I can relax for I have the Internet to my rescue. I recently discovered a Internet tool that just made my life easy for me. Aptly named "What Should I Read Next?", the service allows you to key in the name of the book or the author to get a list of the books that you can read next. The service also suggests the name of the book you read in case you cannot recall anything more than a few keywords that make up the title.

The site developers say this
"The service produces recommendations based purely on collective taste: when items are entered into the same favourites list, they become associated with each other. The more often particular items appear on different lists, the stronger that association becomes. Purely and simply, it represents mass opinion about items. Over time the recommendations should get better and better as the database grows."


If you enjoyed reading this post, Subscribe to the feed here ...And never miss a post

Comments